7.06.2009

Rubber Chicken Menu




So, from an e-mail I got a few weeks ago I read about the concept of rubber chicken. Tasty, right? What it really means is cook it once, and eat a bunch of times. My family isn't so much into leftovers, but they will eat what we like to call Makeovers. On Monday night we started out with the Grilled Ranch Chicken and I cooked thawed and marinated three ziplocs (translated my family size-servings.) Our week looked like this.

  • Monday: Grilled Ranch Chicken, sauteed summer squash, spinach salad
  • Tuesday: Grilled Hamburger patties, fresh green beans, spinach salad, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and raw carrots
  • Wednesday: Chicken Salad (made from the grilled chicken)
  • Thursday: corndogs (straight from the freezer - not my moment of glory, but we were trying to get out to the lake)
  • Friday: Chicken Taco Salad (made from the chicken and my homemade taco seasoning that I mix up and keep on hand...recipe to come soon!)
So, the "rubber" part of the chicken is that it keeps coming back, but in different ways. We loved it, especially the fact that it was quick and I didn't have to keep heating up the kitchen to cook another meal. I diced all of the chicken on Monday night after dinner and put it into separate containers so that it was ready to go the day I needed it. Plus, it provided the nice lighter meals that we enjoy in the summer!

No comments: