7.22.2009

Jay's Signature Pizza Crust

Here is my favorite no-frills pizza crust. It has a kind of crispy outside and soft and chewy inside. I love it for grilled pizzas! I usually make it in my bread machine, but you can certainly make it by hand, just be sure to knead it plenty and let it rise. I'm just usually lazy or busy doing other things.

  • 2 1/4 tsp yeast
  • 1/2 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 c warm water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
I put all of the wet ingredients in first, then the dry ingredients in last. (yeast very last.) Turn on the pizza dough setting, come back and hour later, and pizza dough. Unless it is humid. Then, I usually have to add another cup or so of flour and let it run some more.

Bake in an oven preheated to 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese and crust are golden.

No comments: